Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break - Just another WEEK in paradise

Wow! Talk about unbelievably busy! Dallas was sick the Wednesday before Spring break. She ended up spending the day at home with a fever. Thursday however, she was up bouncing off the walls and doing just fine. So we shipped her to school. I got a call a few minutes before the bus was to pick her up to bring her home, saying she was running a fever. They wanted to know if I wanted to come get her or just allow her to ride the bus home. Well one, I don't have a vehicle when hubs is at work. And two, by the time I got to the school, the bus could of been at my house! Naturally I let her ride the bus home.

Massey decided that he wanted to stay home for the week instead of spending half of Spring break with his dad, so he could spend the time with his friends. Rachel come over that afternoon, and we put up the tent for the kiddos before dinner (beer batter chicken - yummo!) Seth ended up coming to spend the night with Massey. And Ac, and our neighbors ended up playing kickball til I don't remember when with all the kids in the back yard. Was tons of fun.

Saturday morning we got to go to Lawrence to the LIED center and watch Alexandria, my oldest daughter, dance. It was awesome. I am super proud of her. She even won some awards! It was so great seeing her and her family again. Seems like its been way too long (in all reality it hasn't been THAT long)




Isn't she ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL?? She did such a great job on her solo. We also got to watch her group dance. Afterwards we went to my Grandma Edgins for a bit, then off to see Ac's dad and step mother. Then (LOL) off to a BBQ at Rachel and Heaths. Busy busy day. Thankfully we spent the day Sunday doing a whole lotta nothing!

Monday I got a wild hair to do some Spring Cleaning. Massey was originally gonna spend the night with a friend Thursday night, which didn't pan out. So crazy as it sounds, we invited a total of 7 other boys over here to spend the night with him on Thursday night. Which kicked me into cleaning mode. We spent the day Monday re-arranging the living room. Sorting thru ABSOLUTELY everything. And ended up with a truckful of trash to get rid of :) Yay me for getting rid of things - which everyone knows I don't like to do (althought I'm not THAT much of a packrat - I know/knew worse ones!)

Tuesday. Went thru the Kitchen, and didn't do near as much.
Wednesday however. Haha. We cleaned out my bedroom. Closet and all. Re-arranged so that the window wasn't blocked anymore (so we can put an Air conditioner in there this summer), and got rid of TONS of things. OMG my house was a total mess!  Then on Wednesday night, I went into the kids room and did much needed cleaning and weeding in there. That they surely didn't like me none for! LOL When all was said and done, you could barely walk thru our kitchen due to the sacks of crap I was tossing out! We decided to load it up and take it to the dump (today actually LOL). But WOW, the house looks AMAZING! I even cleaned out and organized the hall closet into my 'Scentsy Closet'  Feels good. There is so much more I can't wait to do, however we are waiting on plywood to do the floors in the rest of the house before I tackle anymore projects :)

Yesterday, Ac took half the day off to help me corral boys all morning til it was time to take Massey to Jake. And ended up with the whole day off so he could ride with me down there (well drive). And today we sold his ol 60 John Deere, and hauled off the trash to the dump.

Its been one of those weeks!! A lot accomplished, but so much more to do. But I LOVE MY LIFE! SO Much!! Couldn't be better. Hubby is out with his buddies right now, having a guys night out - and provided he's ready to get up early in the AM, we are going to go to breakfast at the cafe, can't wait, its been a while since they aren't open for breakfast on weekdays anymore!

Also - the countdown for Scentsy Stampede Convention begins!!!! I cannot wait til August - a whole week almost, me and hubby in Ft Worth, all alone. Gonna be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment